We help Nassau County residents in temporary crisis. Our staff and volunteers are committed to getting you back on your feet with short-term aid including financial assistance, emergency food and clothing, and referrals to other community resources.
Our Crisis Services
- Rent, mortgage, and utilities assistance
- Clothing and household items
- Bicycles for job transportation
- Case management and budgeting assistance
- Assistance in applying for benefit programs
- Referrals and information for additional services
Your First Step
The best way to get help is to call for an appointment. Crisis Assistance is available at each of our Fernandina Beach and Callahan offices. Please refer to the sidebar for our hours of operation, and click here for our locations.
(904) 261-7000 or (888) 885-6498
x128 (Se habla Español)
At Your First Meeting
We will need to see the following documents regarding your need for assistance.
- Proof of Nassau County residency
- Social Security cards for all members of the household
- Proof of income for the entire household (last 4 paycheck stubs); income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Click here to see the current guidelines for 200% of the Federal Poverty Level on both a monthly and annual basis.
- Current rental agreement, if seeking rent
- Final Notice and current rental agreement, if seeking utility assistance.
Of course, walk-ins are always welcome, but we are better able to help you when you make an appointment.